PlayStation 4 Games
Release Date: 27/03/2018
Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana. This idyllic place is home to a community of freedom-loving people - and a fanatical doomsday cult known as The Project at Eden’s Gate. Led by the charismatic prophet Joseph Seed and his devoted siblings – The Heralds - Eden’s Gate has been quietly infiltrating every aspect of daily life in this once-quiet town. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.
Freely explore Hope County’s rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways you’ll never see coming.
SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT
- Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.
- Meet a lot of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
- Recruit Guns for Hire and leverage the special skills of up to 2 at a time to turn the tables on The Project at Eden’s Gate.
- Command specialized Fangs For Hire, animals you can control to support any playstyle.
- Ally with a Friend For Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across the full campaign.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH
- The freedom to go in any direction – you decide the when, the where, and the how.
- From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.
- For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story – choose your own avatar and customize your character.
- Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the Map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!
A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
- The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
- Disrupt the cult’s doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
- Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.
- Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
- Commandeer a plane to engage cult forces in an epic aerial dogfight or bombing run.
- Discover the natural riches of the Montana wilderness as you hunt, fish, and explore every inch.
The Far Cry series is returning to Sony’s exceptional PlayStation 4. Entertaining fans since 2004, Far Cry has become a popular choice for fans of the first-person action shooter with each title in the series being released to critical adoration. Here, with Far Cry 5, developer Ubisoft has created what promises to be the biggest and best iteration yet. Designed in a similar vein to its predecessors, Far Cry 5 sees gamers traverse the vast open world of Hope County in Montana. This time around, players get to create their character using a variety of options including skin tone and gender. This new creation hub lends a new dynamic to the series with gamers being able to create an avatar that best suits them.
As soon as players switch on their consoles, the Far Cry 5 experience begins. As gamers drop into Hope County for the first time, they are greeted with no explanation as to why they are there and have no directional markers. This means they must explore the world completely on their own and discover what it is they are supposed to be doing.
A new feature in this edition is the inclusion of a recruitment system, labelled Guns for Hire. Here, players are able to ask local people to join their cause with each person having their own unique ability. If any conditions aren’t met, the local can refuse to join the fight. Added to this is the Fangs for Hire feature, first seen in Far Cry Primal. Here, gamers are able to tame a variety of wild animals, recruiting them and adding them to the team so they are able to carry items and attack when directed.
Elsewhere, fishing mechanics have also been introduced as a side activity and the game will see the biggest ever customisable weapons and vehicle range ever seen in a Far Cry game. Fly, drive, sail, there’s plenty to get stuck into.
When it comes to plot, Ubisoft hasn’t skimped on creating a deep and exciting story. Players assume the role of a member of the Sheriff’s Department for Hope County who is then sent to arrest Joseph Seed, a preacher who has risen to power as the leader of a doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. The objective of Far Cry 5 is to put an end to the Eden’s Gate cult and bring down their leader and his regime once and for all. With the incredible performance power of Sony’s PS4, Far Cry 5 promises to be yet another thrilling addition to any gamer’s collection.
Far Cry 5 FAQs
Can you play Co Op?
Yes. Publisher Ubisoft has confirmed that Far Cry 5's entire campaign can be played in co-op mode. This includes online co-op rather than just local too.
What new features have been introduced to Far Cry 5?
For the first time in the series, players can fully customise and alter their character. You can play as either a man or a woman and choose your race, giving the new game a greater sense of depth than its predecessors. New weapons like a baseball bat have also been introduced.
Will Far Cry 5 be a multi-player game?
Far Cry 5 will offer gamers a multi-player/co-operative game mode that means the entire campaign can be played with friends locally and online with others around the world.
Can you play online with others?
Yes. The new co-operative system means you can play the entire campaign with people online and across the world.
Where is Far Cry 5 set?
Far Cry 5 is set in the fictional town of Hope County, Montana and once there, players take on the role of a Sheriff's deputy and are forced to tackle an extreme religious cult.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.